Final implementation of the new Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) rule begins January 1, 2017, and many feed distributors still have questions and concerns about compliance, workload and inspections.
GlobalVetLINK (GVL®) is hosting three free webinars to help educate feed distributors about recent VFD news, resources to aid in managing the VFD process, and tips for maintaining an audit trail to prove VFD compliance in the event of an FDA inspection.
Presenters for the webinars include Phil Lawler, GVL Feed Industry Expert, and Kaylen Henry, GVL product manager.
The webinars are offered several times so that attendees can select the date and time that works best for them. Attendees can choose from following dates and times:
· Thursday, October 27, 12:00-1:30 p.m. (CDT)
· Thursday, November 3, 12:00-1:30 p.m. (CDT)
· Tuesday, November 8, 12:00-1:30 p.m. (CDT)
Visit www.globalvetlink.com/feedvfdwebinars to register for one of the webinars.
The webinars will address these VFD concerns:
· Feed distributor responsibilities, including “Letter of Intent to Distribute,” “Letters of Acknowledgement,” and “Medicated Feed Mill License”
· Maintaining an audit trail and documentation for potential inspection
· Multiple feed distributor locations and multiple producer/client locations
· Difference between Type A, Type B and Type C medicated feed and requirements for each
· Ensuring VFD validity, accuracy and completeness
· Storage of hard copies vs. electronic, and understanding 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
· Scenario examples of VFD expiration, leftover feed, on-farm milling, generic products, etc.
· Live question and answer dialogue with presenters
To learn more about the webinar series and find links to the recorded VFD webinars, visit www.globalvetlink.com/feedvfdwebinars.